- Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the lead time for roll up doors?
Manufacturing time is typically 10-14 business days. However, time frame may vary based on season. Please call us with any questions.
Does delivery of roll up doors include off-loading service?
Standard delivery does not include off-loading the door. You will need to have a way to unload the door off of the truck either by hand or forklift. If needed, you can request for off-load service to be added to shipping.
What is the return/refund policy?
Since all roll up doors are custom manufactured for each order, there are no returns or refunds issued for our products. Please make sure you have correct measurements before ordering. Once orders are placed, it is sent to production and orders cannot be changed or cancelled.If a mistake is made on our part, BETCO will take care of the issue by replacing the door.
What is the shipping policy?
1. Concealed damage/shortages must be reported within 7 days; therefore product should be installed as soon as possible in order for any concerns to be reported. After 7 days of receipt, SRD cannot assume responsibility for damage, as we have no control over the condition of the door once received by customer.
2. Doors are packaged and loaded with care to minimize transit damage. However, due to road conditions and shipper handling procedures outside our control, there are exceptions. Small dents or dings as well as light paint damage due to wear and tear in transit are classified as normal and therefore not an approved reason to return or refuse delivery of the door. We will supply touch up paint but cannot accept a return of the door under these conditions.
3. According to the Door & Access Systems Manufacturers Association (DASMA), "a common occurrence with rolling door products, under normal usage of such products, is the wearing away of the painted surface of the curtain. This condition occurs as the result of the curtain repeatedly coiling upon itself, and then repeatedly uncoiling, upon the opening and closing of a rolling door." Therefore normal wear and tear from metal to metal contact is not covered under the SRD paint warranties.
4. Visible shipping damages other than those stipulated in item #1 above need to be reported immediately. If you see physical damage to the carton, please show it to the delivery person and ask permission to open and inspect the package before signing for it. If you notice damage to the item inside the carton DO NOT ACCEPT IT AND DO NOT SIGN FOR IT! Simply inform the driver that you are refusing delivery due to damage and contact us at once to make a report so we can have a replacement shipped to you immediately. Please check your door(s) upon arrival as steelrollupdoors.com cannot be responsible for any damages or missing items once you have already signed for them. In the rare case that there is damage to your door upon arrival, please note as such on your bill of lading with your driver and contact us immediately to report the damage at 800-654-7813 ext. 2090 or 2050.
Is pick-up available?
Anyone wishing to pick up their order may do so at our Statesville, NC manufacturing facility.
What warranties are offered on the roll up doors?
We offer a 3-year mechanical warranty and a 40-year paint warranty on all of our roll up doors.
How much headroom clearance is needed to install the roll up door?
Model 500: 15"-17" depending on door opening height
Commercial Doors: 20"-22" depending on door opening height
All measurements are dependent on the door opening height
How much side room clearance is needed to mount the roll up door?
You will need ½” on each side to mount the track. You will also need at least 5” past the opening for the door axle.
Can the tension be adjusted on the door?
Yes, adjusting the tension is very easy. Each roll up door comes with a tension adjuster bar. You can adjust the tension without removing any parts. If you need assistance, please refer to the door installation manual.
Are the roll up doors wind-rated?
No. Our doors are engineered up to a certain wind rating but are not certified as wind-rated.
Do you offer insulated doors?
No, insulation is not available on our doors.
How do I know what size door to order?
You will need to measure the width and height of the rough opening where your door is going to be installed. Please refer to the door measuring tool for additional assistance.
Do you sell in large volumes?
Yes, please call 1-844-240-8831 to discuss pricing for these types of orders.